cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCS 220 M3 RAID SAS 2008M-8iM Good Performance Raid1, Bad Performance Raid 5

ToniGarcia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a Cisco C200 M3 with Raid 1 and the writing performance is greater than with a Raid 5

Next I copy the capture of a RAID 1 with 2 x SATA 1TB disks to 7.2k

Raid1.JPG

Next I copy the capture of a RAID 5 with 3 SAS 10K disks.

raid5.JPG

In Raid 5 the reading is higher than Raid 1 but the writing is quite lower than Raid 1, as I have seen this UCSC RAID SAS 2008M-8i does not support BBU, it is something strange because in a RAID 5 is essential for optimal performance, I have the Cache activated.

I have also noticed in the CIM that the Cisco FlexFlash appears degraded, I also have the doubt if FlexFlash has to have the Virtual Drives active, then I copy capture with the configuration and error.

flash.JPG

I want to know if the performance with RAID 5 is normal or there is a problem with the system or configuration.

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

ToniGarcia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I need help with my problem ... has added a fourth disk, now I have a Raid 5 with 4 SAS disks of 600GB to 10K, and the writing is 20 / 30mb - sec, it is a very low speed, in the same server a RAID 1 with SATA 7.2K disks is giving me 80 / 90MB of writing. Does anyone know where I can ask Cisco for support to the forum?

Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card