Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO UCS C200 M2 showing amber light on mem and warning

logan3085
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My company have bought 5 units of CISCO UCS C200 M2. The servers are fitted with 2 x 6 core 2.67GHz. The server also fitted with 32GB ram. One of the server is showing amber light alert on mem and warning on the front panel. Can someone help what could possibly cause this issue?

Thanks,

Logan

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Loganathan,

There could be a faulty DIMM on the system, in the CIMC you can check the SEL logs (System Event Log) which will provide you more details.

I would advice you to open up a TAC case for this, we can take a look at the show tech and figure out the exact reason and if required replaced the faulty DIMM / part (if faulty).

Thanks!

./Abhinav

View solution in original post

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Loganathan,

To have a better idea about the issue you may run (from CLI).

UCS# connect debug-shell

-sel

-sensors

Do you receive any alert in specific? (an screenshot from CIMC would help a lot)

Was the server recently installed/acquired?

If the error message shows only one or a couple of slots affected, try moving the memory modules to another pair of slots, like if you see A1-A2 affected, swap them with B1-B2 (but always in pairs).  In the other hand, if the message shows more than a couple of DIMMs or all of them, the problem might be the motherboard or even the CPU.

The TAC case will help a lot in case something needs replacement, cause as you may read above, the issue can be anywhere and needs further investigation...

-Kenny

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Loganathan,

There could be a faulty DIMM on the system, in the CIMC you can check the SEL logs (System Event Log) which will provide you more details.

I would advice you to open up a TAC case for this, we can take a look at the show tech and figure out the exact reason and if required replaced the faulty DIMM / part (if faulty).

Thanks!

./Abhinav

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Loganathan,

To have a better idea about the issue you may run (from CLI).

UCS# connect debug-shell

-sel

-sensors

Do you receive any alert in specific? (an screenshot from CIMC would help a lot)

Was the server recently installed/acquired?

If the error message shows only one or a couple of slots affected, try moving the memory modules to another pair of slots, like if you see A1-A2 affected, swap them with B1-B2 (but always in pairs).  In the other hand, if the message shows more than a couple of DIMMs or all of them, the problem might be the motherboard or even the CPU.

The TAC case will help a lot in case something needs replacement, cause as you may read above, the issue can be anywhere and needs further investigation...

-Kenny

logan3085
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the tips. I have change the ram module and its working fine now. Thanks for the support.

Regards,

Logan

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card