cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco ucs rack mount servers support Power on password

jerry19780108
Level 1
Level 1

How to set a Power on password , Where you can provide a reference file? (C220/240/C22/C24/420/460.......)

4 Replies 4

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Fu Jen,

I saw your post a few days in a hope to see if someone had heard of something like this before, but I think there is no such thing, unless I misunderstood you.

-Kenny

Kenny :

Because, some servers can set the power on password; therefore like to ask whether there is a place you can set relevant.

Tausif Gaddi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Fu Jen,
I have not heard of Power on password, let’s wait if someone has some input on it. You can set a BIOS Administrator password for the server. On the BIOS utility screen, select the Security tab, then select Set Administrator Password. Use the pop-up boxes to set the BIOS administrator password, then press F10 to save your settings and reboot the server. Please refer this link for complete information on it. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/hw/C210M1/install/replace.html

Tausif,

You are correct - we can set the BIOS Administrator password using the process you outlined, but this is only used to control access to the BIOS. There is no power-on password in the BIOS, but changing the power state does require authentication by the Cisco IMC.

Jeff Foster

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card