Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

cisco ucs rack mount servers support Power on password

How to set a Power on password , Where you can provide a reference file? (C220/240/C22/C24/420/460.......)

4 REPLIES

Fu Jen,

I saw your post a few days in a hope to see if someone had heard of something like this before, but I think there is no such thing, unless I misunderstood you.

-Kenny

Kenny :

Because, some servers can set the power on password; therefore like to ask whether there is a place you can set relevant.

Hello Fu Jen,
I have not heard of Power on password, let’s wait if someone has some input on it. You can set a BIOS Administrator password for the server. On the BIOS utility screen, select the Security tab, then select Set Administrator Password. Use the pop-up boxes to set the BIOS administrator password, then press F10 to save your settings and reboot the server. Please refer this link for complete information on it. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/hw/C210M1/install/replace.html

Cisco Employee

Tausif,

You are correct - we can set the BIOS Administrator password using the process you outlined, but this is only used to control access to the BIOS. There is no power-on password in the BIOS, but changing the power state does require authentication by the Cisco IMC.

Jeff Foster

Views
Helpful
Replies