Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco UCS with FEX system Component requirements

Hi ,

I am looking for quick suggestion for required components to have a VMware vSAN implemented using FEX system with maximum Fabric trough put. Ideally a configuration for without multipath using single Fabric switch and later on to be able to upgrade to Multipath fabric.

We are in great rush to provide POC concept and was looking if you folks can suggest me on this. If need be you want to talk to me more in detail I can available.

Appreciate your help here.

Who can I reach to able to pull up build and quote the configurations for implementing complete UCS solution.

Are these below components absolutely required ?

• 2 x Nexus 2232PP 10GE Fabric Extenders

The Cisco Nexus 2232PP 10GE provides 32 x 10Gb loss-less low latency Ethernet and Fiber Channel Over Ethernet (FCoE) Small Form-Factor Pluggable Plus (SFP+) server ports and eight 10 Gb Ethernet and FCoE SFP+ uplink ports in a compact 1 rack unit (1RU) form factor. They enable Seamless inclusion of UCS rack servers into UCS Manager domain with UCS blade servers when connected to the UCS 6200 Fabric Interconnects, providing converged LAN, SAN, and management connectivity.

We currently have these below servers :

2 x  UCSC-BASE-M2-C460

524 GB RAM

No SSDs

No VIC Card

4 x SAS 1 TB Drives

1 x L1 Intel 1 Gbps Ethernet Adapter

1 x L2 10Gbps Ethernet Adapter

1 x LSI Mega RAID SAS 9240-8i (no RAID 5 support, Need a card that supports RAID5)

1 x  UCSC-C240-M3L

132 GB RAM

30 TB SAS HDD

1 x VIC Card

1 x Intel I350 Gigabit Ethernet Card with 4 ports

1 x LSI Mega RAID SAS 9240-8i (no RAID 5 support, Need a card that supports RAID5)

1 x 5548UP Nexus Switch ( Will I be able to use this switch in place of Nexus 2232PP 10GE Fabric Extenders to achieve complete UCS solution)

• Unified Computing
1 REPLY
VIP Red

Cisco UCS Manager 2.2

Cisco UCS Manager 2.2 supports an option to connect the C-Series Rack-Mount Server directly to the Fabric Interconnects. You do not need the Fabric Extenders. This option enables Cisco UCS Manager to manage the C-Series Rack-Mount Servers using a single cable for both management traffic and data traffic.

If you need high performance low latency (storage, for VMware VSAN), direct connection to UCS Fabric Interconnect and/or N5k is recommended.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.