Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ucs with VMware 5 auto deploy

robin.mom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In our lab i am testing with VMware 5 and Cisco UCS. We are running UCSM 2.0 (1m). I am now testing the part auto deploy. I have setup auto deploy in VMware and it is working ( first i had some issues with DHCP on windows that is solved in the UCSM 2.0 (q) version ). vSphere gets deployed to the blade. When the blade ( vShpere ) wants to connect to vCenter i get an error from vCenter that it has not enough licesing for this action. I have loaded plenty of VMware lics. When i create a VM it boots perfectly and apears in vCenter.

I have search the internet for people who have the simailer problem but couldn't find it.

Has some body the same problem our could help me out?

Thanks in advance,

Robin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Robin,

This sounds more like a VC related issue than platform (UCS).  UCS has no bearing on the licensing functionality of VC.

If the Host will not connect to VC, how are you getting VMs to "boot perfectly and appear in vCenter"?

Regards,

Robert

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Robin,

This sounds more like a VC related issue than platform (UCS).  UCS has no bearing on the licensing functionality of VC.

If the Host will not connect to VC, how are you getting VMs to "boot perfectly and appear in vCenter"?

Regards,

Robert

I have 1 blade running with and installed vSphere 5 config. On that machine I run vCenter and a VM.

I have "solved" the issue. It was the time of my vCenter appliance who was far in the futher.

Thanks for your help.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card