Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Configuration RAID Controller in C-240-M3

Hi All,

Any one please, guide me how to setup raid on it? I can't see any LSI set up utility during POST (no CTRL+M option available).

Note: CIMC firmware version 1.4(5g)

Thanks

Winai.

Everyone's tags (3)
17 REPLIES

Done!! used UCS-SCU by downloading separately from Cisco Website.

Hi, if I re-configure the RAID on the server. Will the installed Windows 2008 OS be deleted too?

Cisco Employee

Hello Winai,

As per the screen shot , LSI says hot keys are CTRL+H to enter WebBIOS utility for SAS 2008 controller.

Did you try the above key combination ?

Padma

Cisco Employee

Hello Paolo,

You will loose the hard disk data if you change the RAID level.

Padma

Hi,

Just downloaded the UCS SCU 2.2.2 and changed the RAID to 5 w/ Redundancy. How can I check the RAID level of my M210 machine upon reboot w/o using the software? Also, there is no exit button on the UCS SCU, I just picked reboot to go back.

I guess there is no other way to verify the RAID level of the server w/o the UCS SCU software?

Cisco Employee

Hello

What model of LSI RAID controller is installed on the server ?

Padma

Hi, how can I check the LSI Raid controller? Also, what will I do next when I see the controller?

Cisco Employee

SSH into CIMC and execute the following commands

scope chassis

show storageadapter detail

Hi, server is still Offline.... is there another way to check?

Hi,  I have a different question. My exsi 4.1 software can't detect the 6.6TB of space of the server, which is configured via RAID5. How do I do the following? 1. Instead of a MBR partition table, I need to configure to GPT partition table is used to allow sizes larger than ~2TB. Instead of presenting the whole disk space as a single LUN, you'd either create smaller LUNs or split the RAID set into logical volumes. I used the Ctrl-H to configure the RAID last time, is there a way to partition the RAID 5 disk to 4GB/2TB/2TB/2TB/2TB?

We first need to know which model of LSI RAID controller you have.

You can check as Padma informed you.  Just add power to the server, it doesn't need to be powered on.  Adding power will bring the CIMC up.

Once we know which LSI controller you have we can tell or point you to documentation detailing how to create multiple virtual volumes off a RAID 5 volume.

Regards,

Robert

Hi, the LSI Raid Controller - LSI MegaRAAID SAS 9261-8i

Also, I believe I already fixed the problem. Upon reboot, I pressed Ctrl-H to access the GUI. There I configured the RAID  to 5 and created Virtual Drives 2GB/2TB/2TB/2TB/366GB. I installed Exsi 4.1 and when I viewed the disk via command prompt, the virtual disk I have created appeared...

Now, how do I change the block size from 1MB to 8MB?

Paolo,

I don't believe you can modify the block size on the 9216.  I'll double check and update this thread if I'm wrong.  I believe you can change the block sizing on the 9265 and higher RAID cards.

Robert

Paolo,

I did investigate this.  You can modify the Stripe size via the WebBIOS utility.  I believe this is what you're after.

Regards,

Robert

Hi Robert,

Is strip size same as block size? I saw the strip size setting when I pressed Ctrl-H upon boot-up, but the max was only 1mb.  I changed the block size via Vsphere Client 4.1 in the storage link.

Views
Helpful
Replies