Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration via UCS CLI

acmarsh19
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day/Evening to all,

I am fairly new to UCS and was wondering if someone could shed light on configuring multiple instances of vlans, vnics, vhba's, vsans etc in one operation via CLI.
I've gone through Tue UCS guide for CLI bit so far haven't managed to across this and I'm hoping someone can assist.

Many thanks

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

4 Replies 4

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Anthony,

Can you be more specific?  The reason I am asking is becasue if you want to create more vnics and vhbas you need to modify the service profiles. if you want to add a new vlan to the UCS you will need to add this to the fabric inter connects.  I

acmarsh19
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Manual,

I haven't gotten to building service profiles yet but am trying to automate if you like the creation of multiple vlans, vnics, vhba, etc via UCS Manager CLI before creating and assigning these elements to their respective service profile.
I hope this makes things a bit clearer.

Thanks

Unfortunately, you won't be able to create all this with a single operation. Note that the vnics, vhbas are elements of the service profile, so you have to create the service profile before you can add any vnics or vhbas.  Also in the service profile you can assign vlans to the respective vnics, but you must first create these vlans on the fabrics.

One option you have is to create a service profile template and use it to create other service profiles, but this will also take multiple operation.

acmarsh19
Level 1
Level 1

Manual,

Thanks for the feedback, I understand what's required now and shall work off of your pointers.

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card