Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Connect remote image (.iso) via Commandline

We are purchasing Cisco USC B200's and Cisco USC B440's.  I need to attach a remote image (.iso) file via commandline (for full automation of the OS Build).  I cannot seem to figure out how to do this without using the gui tool.

Does anyone know how to connect a .iso image over the network via commandline (ssh is preferred) to a B series server?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much.

Rob

2 REPLIES

Rob,

You can't use vMedia remotely via external script.  What you can do to automate your installation is use a PXE server which will boot an image over the network and perform your installation.  That's what most folks do short of using a fully blown orchestration/deployment system such as UCS Director.

Regards,

Robert

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the quick response.

I completely forgot some of the most important information.  We are not allowed to use PXE or DHCP in our data centers (ouch !!)

I know zero about UCS Director, can I use it to connect an .iso ?

With our HP and Dell servers I inject the IP address information into the .iso file then use ssh to the server to mount the .iso file (WinPE which reads the injected IP information).  So if I can mount the .iso via command line much like I can with DRAC or ILO I would be home free.

Views
Helpful
Replies