cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Convertto-UcsCmdlet functionality

jbannerman
Level 4
Level 4

Good afternoon, i just met with Jason Shaw and Viswanath Jakka from the CIsco UCS team and they infomed me of the convertto-UcsCmdlet functionality. This was literally an hour ago, they just left. i should have kept them here until i had it working!. My question is on how to get it to work. I am using PowerGui with the Cisco UCS module loaded in. I run the convertto-UcsCmdlet and then login to one of my UCS domains and perform an action. The only thing i see on my PowerGUI screen is the message "WARNING: Please review the generated cmdlets before depolyment." Jason mentioned something about a literal path but we did not dive further into that topic. Am i doing something wrong or am i missing something? Where do I see the generated cmdlets? I was also looking for the presentation/ documentation, so if anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

4 Replies 4

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I was able to figure it out, but thank you. It was a problem with my Java.

Hi Bruce,

Can you please post what the Java problem was in more detail?     I've been hearing of a few other similar problems.   Hopefully your insights can help the community at large.

Thanks,

-Jeff

I had to go into my Java control panel and delete all the entries in my Java Cache Viewer and then reboot. Once I cleared out all these entries and rebooted the convertto-ucscmdlet woked as advertised. Great tool by the way, has saved me numerous hours of headaches.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card