cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Create and assign large number of VLANs in UCS

Big Vern
Level 1
Level 1

I have added 300 VLANs in UCS (at the LAN CLOUD - VLANs level) using the add vlan gui, and I now see the 300 individual VLANS listed (rather than a pool).

I would assume this is correct though unweildy in the GUI.

If I want to assign all 300 of those VLANs to the vNIC template do I block select them all (at the vNIC templates-modify VLAN level) OR can I add them to a VLAN group and just assign that group to the vNIC template. (so instead of seeing the 300 vlans listed at vNIC template level I would just see the VLAN group and can assign and unassign the VLAN group)

It appears I can do that (i.e. use a group) but will it work and is it the way to do it, Im a bit unsure if this is the correct use of the VLAN groups.?

EG. I have seen scripts to create multiple vlans and put them in a vlan group, but the script then still apllies the vlans individaully on each vNIC (rather than assigning the VLAN group)

1 Reply 1

Rick1776
Level 5
Level 5
I'm not sure creating VLAN groups would help, because they are only for Ethernet Uplinks. I would just create a service profile as an updated template and create separate service profiles based on the vlans required. If you add a vlan later on to the updating template you shouldn't have reboot the system depending on the OS.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/gui/config/guide/2-2/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_2/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_2_chapter_010001.html?bookSearch=true#concept_B2E1ECE33E65492CB430B027C561D7DC
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card