cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deleting old fw bundles

ADAman
Level 1
Level 1

To free up space, is it ok to even delete the backup image, or is this not possible?

I am going to install the latest bundles from August 2012 (for the first time). I saw some caveats, but I assume it will still be ok? this version is  2.03b

I also assume I do not need to update the Manager Capability catalog ?

Message was edited by: Atle Dale

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Atle,

You can safely delete the images from the FI, it wont effect the firmware running on the end points. The image you see are on the FI, where are during the upgrade / update process they get copied to the registers on the end points.

Yes 2.0.3b is the latest version avaiable.

./Abhinav

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Atle,

You can safely delete the images from the FI, it wont effect the firmware running on the end points. The image you see are on the FI, where are during the upgrade / update process they get copied to the registers on the end points.

Yes 2.0.3b is the latest version avaiable.

./Abhinav

and the Capability catalog?

You want to delete the catalog?

no, do I need to update that, too?

It will get updated along with the UCSM.

./Abhinav

ok, but before I can start, I guess I have to resolve this problem:

ack="no"

cause="fsm-failed"

changeSet=""

code="F999616"

created="2012-08-08T16:35:48"

descr="[FSM:FAILED]: communication service  configuration(FSM:sam:dme:CommSvcEpUpdateSvcEp)"

dn="sys/svc-ext/fault-F999616"

highestSeverity="critical"

id="119349"

lastTransition="2012-08-08T16:35:48"

lc=""

occur="1"

origSeverity="critical"

prevSeverity="critical"

rule="fsm-update-svc-ep-fsm-fail"

severity="critical"

status="created"

tags="fsmstagefail"

type="fsm">

Could it have something to do with my time config? I set up ntp, but the time seems to be wrong. Should I remove the ntp-server and set the time manually for now?

How do I check the current-time apart from looking in the log?

Message was edited by: Atle Dale   at 12:01

Did you by any chance specify a FQDN for the NTP server? if so do you have a DNS configured on your UCSM?

if so either put in a DNS entry or IP address for the NTP server.

./Abhinav

I use 8.8.8.8 (Google) as DNS, and the NTP is ntp.uio.no

Check this screen.

I tried to set the clock after I thought I had removed the NTP. The NTP seems to work:

FI6120XP-A# scope system

FI6120XP-A /system # scope services

FI6120XP-A /system/services # set clock aug 9 2012 12 10 00

NTP server(s) configuration found. System clock can not be set manually.

Synchronizing clock with NTP server [129.240.2.6]

Clock synchronization successful.

FI6120XP-A /system/services #

the clock is now correct. But the message is still in the log. what do I do to check if this solved it? Restart the FIs?

may be comminication issues with the NTP server then.

You can probably remove the NTP settings and that should take care of this error.

./Abhinav

also, I just saw that this error is from yesterday. Now when NTP is working, I will reboot and see if it has gone. I will reboot FI-B and then FI-A. Is there a way to automate this process? by rebootin both?

now I cannot log in to the GUI, I am currently logged on the consoles. The time is different by 10 minute son the two FIs. I will try removing ntp info on both FIS

how long for the time to sync to FI-B? When I set the clock manually on system (FI-A), it doe snot seem to update the time over to FI-B. How do I get it synced?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: