cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Downloading new Firmware to Cisco UCS fails with error "File >1GB"...

Wursti
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we are currently planning to upgrade the firmware of our Cisco UCS (Infra, B and C Series) from 2.2.7b to 3.1.3a.

The process itself is pretty much straight forward.

I already downloaded the bundle A und B (Infra & B-Series) to the internal storage but when I try to download bundle B (C-Series) from local file it stops at 99% and says file is to large (>1GB) to be downloaded.

The funny thing about this is, that the offical Cisco .bin file for C-Series ist 1.05GB large, so the error message is correct. 

But how I should I be able to download the file to internal storage? (internal storage has 70% space free)

Is there another way to achieve and circumnavigate this, or do we have to take another (older) version first to be able to download and install the file?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind Regards

Sebastian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

This is a known defect. CSCvc48423 You can transfer the file remotely via FTP/TFTP/SFTP/SCP and it will transfer successfully.

Wes

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

This is a known defect. CSCvc48423 You can transfer the file remotely via FTP/TFTP/SFTP/SCP and it will transfer successfully.

Wes

Hello Wes

Thank you!

That did the trick. Now we are ready to upgrade our UCS.

Kind Regards

Sebastian

Hello Wes,

I am unable to transfer the same firmware bundle from FTP/TFTP/SFTP/SCP. need your help.

Regards,

Chethan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card