Views
Helpful
Replies

Driver version 2.0.5.c ??? 5. December 2013

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

xx.png

Can someone please comment about the logic of this ? a newer version (release date Dec), has a lower version number ???

xy.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you are running firmware 2.1(3a), you need to download the drivers package for 2.1(3a).

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Walter,

The reason is cause 2.0 and 2.1 are different chains, which means that a version of 2.0 is not necessarily older than a 2.1 version (One release does not discontinue the other). 

The idea is not to force customers to do a major upgrade.  For example in 2.1 Default Zoning is not supported anymore and that might be a reason why you would not like to move to 2.1 but instead do a upgrade to a newer version of 2.0 were that feature still works but fixes a specific bug, for example.

That is the reason why our bug´s documentation usually say "fixed in: 2.0x and 2.1x "

I hope I made my point.

Rate ALL helpful answers.

-Kenny

Thanks Kenny !

The real question: which version do I use, to get drivers for W2012 R2 ? I think this is rather confusing for any customer ?

Walter,

Then the question is ... what version are you running?  that will determine what drivers you will download.

Even better, you may use this tool to tell you

http://www.cisco.com/web/techdoc/ucs/interoperability/matrix/matrix.html

One trick we use is that we "open" the .iso file and we check to compare with the link I posted above

-Kenny

2.1.3a;

sorry, but do I have to download 2 different containers of 2 resp 1 GB, to find out where I can get

Adapter Driver   = 2.3.0.20 (FNIC) / 2.3.0.10 (ENIC)

Adapter Firmware = 2.1(3)

Not very user friendly, and not logically ;-)

I totally agree with wdey.

If you are running firmware 2.1(3a), you need to download the drivers package for 2.1(3a).

Walter,

You will not have to download a bundle that is not in the same chain you use.  Why would download the 2.0 bundle if you are running 2.1 ????   That was my point.

-Kenny

OK, thanks Kenny !

btw. I think this is the first time, that there are 2 different chains for B-Series, which was creating this unnecessary thread !

Walter,

Actually not, we have always done it in the same way... you can actually see in cisco.com how we even released the last  version of UCSM 1.4 at the beginning of the year.

The firmware updates are, at some point, discontinued to move on with the newer versions.

-Kenny

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card