Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fault Code F1237

Hi,

After upgrading my UCS to version 2.1(3a), a fault appeared on one of the blade servers with a code of F1237

the full message is:

Health LED of server 1/2 shows error. Reason: P3V_BAT_SCALED:Voltage Threshold Crossed;

Type: equipment

Cause: health-led-amber

Code: F1237

any suggestion to resolve this fault as I tried to search for a solution with no success.

-Abdullah

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Abdullah,

The battery is below the "Lower Non-Critical" threshold, so yes, the battery needs replacement.

Open a TAC case with that output and there will no questions asked

Rate ALL helpful answers. Don't forget to mark the question as "answered" for other users in the future.

-Kenny

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Abdullah,

Welcome to the community!

That sensor makes reference to the CMOS battery on the server.  Could you please open an SSH session to the UCSM virtual IP address and run the following commands in bold?

B# connect cimc X/Y    X=Chassis  Y=Blade

[ help ]# sensors

The output will look something like:

CIMC Debug Firmware Utility Shell [ support ]

[ help ]# sensors

Sensor Name                | Reading | Unit          | Status     | LNR     | LC     

=================|===============|============= |=====|

P3V_BAT_SCALED     | 3.102     | Volts       | OK      | 1.993   | 2.416   <<<<<<<<<

P1V5_DDR3_P1           | 1.329      | Volts        | OK     | 1.212   | 1.280

At the bottom you can see what column means:

LEGEND:

LNR: Lower Non Recoverable Threshold

LC : Lower Critical Threshold

LNC: Lower Non Critical Threshold

UNC: Upper Non Critical Threshold

UC : Upper Critical Threshold

UNR: Upper Non Recoverable Threshold

na : Not available at this time or not applicable

If you see your battery is not within the acceptable ranges, then open a TAC case to have the battery replaced cause that is the only way to solve that low voltage issue.

Rate ALL helpful answers.

-Kenny

Hi Keny,

Thanks for your response.

below is the output i got from the command you gave:

Sensor Name                | Reading | Unit        | Status | LNR     | LC       | LNC

==================|=======|=======|======|======|======|=========

P3V_BAT_SCALED       | 2.086     | Volts      | LNC     | na       | 1.993   | 2.416  

P1V8_P2                      | 1.793     | Volts      | OK       | 1.617  | 1.705   | na     

from the above, i believe there is an issue with the battery and it needs to be replaced!

correct me if im wrong and there is another solution.

Cheers,

-Abdullah

Abdullah,

The battery is below the "Lower Non-Critical" threshold, so yes, the battery needs replacement.

Open a TAC case with that output and there will no questions asked

Rate ALL helpful answers. Don't forget to mark the question as "answered" for other users in the future.

-Kenny

#

Hello,

I am seeing this Fault Code.  Where is this fault code mapping info?  It would be nice to be able to have a cross reference.

thanks,

Greg

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card