Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

FCoE and vPC

Where can I find design guides that specifically address Cisco supported FCoE topologies? I have documents that detail supported configurations of vPC, FEXs and NK5s, but none that include FCoE. With FCoE, there are special considerations to be made.....

I am looking for information about how to connect a Nexus 4000 switch to a Nexus 5K environment and a Cisco 2000 series FEX to a Nexus 5K in a FCoE deployment. Specifically looking at the interaction between vPC and FCoE traffic. I already have a document that describes how to connect a stand alone server to a Nexus5K access layer in a vPC with FCoE.

1 REPLY

FCoE and vPC

I know you  can have an end host connected to a vPC domain and run FCoE - and Im  sure even then there are limitations...but what about FCoE between a  blade switch (IBMs Cisco 4000 or the Cisco 2000 FEX blade that HP now  has) and a Nexus vPC domain - is that a supported topology?

I would think this is a hot topic and that Cisco folks would be jumping all over this. :-)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content