Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Firmware Management and Deleting Images/Packages

I was trying to delete some older firmware packages and was wondering if anyone had an easier way to remove the associated images. If you simply remove a package and the image is still there you get all sorts of Major warnings (image-deleted).

It would be much easier if you delete an old package ie. ucs-k9-bundle-b-series.2.0.4b.B.bin that is automatically deletes it's related Image so these errors don't appear, especially if you have upgraded a few times.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/servers-unified-computing/ucs-manager/110475-ucs-firmware-management-00.html

Thanks

Everyone's tags (1)
2 REPLIES
VIP Red

Himy 2cI have never used the

Hi

my 2c

I have never used the feature to remove individual images out of a package ! why ?

The referenced paper uses this feature; I don't know anybody using it ?

Removing packages will reclaim space, and can only be done, if there are no more any references to images !

Removing packages will

Removing packages will reclaim space, and can only be done, if there are no more any references to images !

Exactly, I want to first remove the references so I can then delete the older packages. If not, I am left with annoying error messages referring to the deleted package...

Views
Helpful
Replies