Views
Helpful
Replies

Global Service Profile Association Issue with UCS Central

fr_fiocre
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with Global Service Profil association from UCS Central.

After creating all my Global Pool/Policie/SP-Template i create a SP from my Template (from here no prob)

When I associate my SP with a Blade I have a fail in the step sequence that you can see in the "Step_Sequence" file atteched

It create eeror message that you can see in the attached files "Error1, Error2, Error3"

To check if it come from my configuration i created an "empty" SP from UCS Central with no vNIC/vHBA/Policy, and i have the same problem when i deploy it in my bale (i tried with different blade in different UCS Domain).

To be sure that come from UCS Central, I created a local SP with the global policies i created on UCS Central, and it work. what i saw is that the step what fail before is skiped when i create my SP from local domain.

My questions are:

- Do you know what is the step that fail in the Step Sequence?

- Do you have an idea of what is this error ?

Thanks for the Help

Best Regards

5 Replies 5

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

As you can see, the error is "copy files to peer node......"

Have you a firewall between UCS Central and UCS domain.

Required TCP Ports

The following TCP ports must be open between Cisco UCS Manager and a registered Cisco UCS domain for the firmware management and backup functionality to work correctly:

• LOCKD_TCPPORT=32803
  • MOUNTD_PORT=892
  • RQUOTAD_PORT=875
  • STATD_PORT=32805
  • NFS_PORT="nfs"(2049)
  • RPC_PORT="sunrpc"(111)

Thanks for the reply,

I have no firewall between my UCSM and my UCS Central

Something i forgot to specify : UCS Firmware 2.2(3b), UCS Central 1.2(1a)

I think i found the solution.

The problem seems to come from the firmware policy

when i try to deploy a service profile with the firmware policy attached it bug. when i try with the same SP without the firmware policy it works !

Very good !

Q. did you create a global host firmware package under

Domain Groups > Domain Groups Root > Firmware Management

This should work !

Its seems that the problem come when you try to deploy a Service Profile with a Firmware in the Firmware Policy. The solution i found is to create a Firmware Policy with no Firmware selected and it works.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card