cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I release assigned identities from Service Profile?

moyeonlee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

As you know, when I create a service profile with serveral pools, each service profile holds its own identities such as MAC, WWnN, WWpN, Mgmt IP, etc.

I really want to know how to release those assigned identities from SP back to the pools.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

5 Replies 5

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The only way is to assign it to another pool !

Caveat: If you delete a pool, which has values assigned to a SP, this values remain with the SP; it is only deleted,  once you change to a different pool.

If there is only one pool...? 

You create a small MAC,UUID,.... dummy pool; then you point your SP to this MAC, UUID,... dummy pool, and the corresponding values from the original pool are released !

Don't understand why you would like to do it ?

I am so new to this environment, so I appreciate any feedback. I have a blade that is associated with a service profile created from template. It is probably fine but this blade was never fully implemented correctly (associated with a boot LUN and host software installed, etc). I wanted to unassociate it completely so that my colleague would have the opportunity to walk through the process of setting up a blade from A to Z. My environment is indeed small so I only have the single resource pool. Thanks for your input.

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi deannamcneil

One way you can release these values, is by assigning them manually to the service profile instead of pulling these values from a pool.  

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card