cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to change power state in a Service Profile Template

joernclausen
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to change the setting "Power State" in a Service Profile Template. While I can change nearly every other aspect of the template, I can't find this in the UCS Manager GUI. Is this an immutable decision while creating the template? Can I change it via the CLI?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joernclausen,

What is the firmware version of your UCS?

From the CLI try the following and let me know if it works.

Go into the FI CLI and perform the steps below, ensure to enter your own template_name and select appropriate type of template followed by setting the power up or down

sj-ucs-r13-mon-A# scope org
sj-ucs-r13-mon-A /org # enter service-profile template_name initial-template
sj-ucs-r13-mon-A /org/service-profile # power up
sj-ucs-r13-mon-A /org/service-profile* # commit-buffer
sj-ucs-r13-mon-A /org/service-profile # power down

You may also be able to change the power state from the individual service profiles

Go to the service profile and use "Change Initial Power State" button for modifying the desired-power value.

see attached screenshot

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joernclausen,

What is the firmware version of your UCS?

From the CLI try the following and let me know if it works.

Go into the FI CLI and perform the steps below, ensure to enter your own template_name and select appropriate type of template followed by setting the power up or down

sj-ucs-r13-mon-A# scope org
sj-ucs-r13-mon-A /org # enter service-profile template_name initial-template
sj-ucs-r13-mon-A /org/service-profile # power up
sj-ucs-r13-mon-A /org/service-profile # power down

You may also be able to change the power state from the individual service profiles

Go to the service profile and use "Change Initial Power State" button for modifying the desired-power value.

see attached screenshot

joernclausen
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks a lot, that worked like a charm. I used "updating-template" instead of "initial-template", because that is what my templates are. I haven't checked if it actually makes any difference in this case.

I do have same requirement to change my service profile template state from down to up state. So I would like to change the state to “UP” using the given command ,since I have concerns about this that is it changes  effect blades/server reboot or any cause in production  or do I need to keep my baldes/esxi hosts in Maintenance Mode before changing service profile template state

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card