Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How to fix error [FSM:FAILED]: sam:dme:MgmtControllerUpdateSwitch (error code:F999693)

Hi,

I have Fabric Interconnect 6120, I try to update firmware from 1.4 to 2.1,
suddenly the load activated firmware stuck and error [FSM:FAILED]: sam:dme:MgmtControllerUpdateSwitch (error code:F999693),

how to fix this problem?

thanks,

sendi

• Unified Computing
3 REPLIES
VIP Red

The manual is not very

The manual is not very helpful here, see below; I would open a TAC case.

fsmFailMgmtControllerUpdateSwitch

Fault Code:F999693

[FSM:FAILED]: sam:dme:MgmtControllerUpdateSwitch

Explanation

None set.

Recommended Action

Copy the message exactly as it appears on the console or in the system log. Research and attempt to resolve the issue using the tools and utilities provided at http://www.cisco.com/tac. Also refer to the Release Notes for Cisco UCS Manager and the Cisco UCS Troubleshooting Guide. If you cannot resolve the issue, execute the show tech-support command and contact Cisco Technical Support.

Fault Details

Severity: critical

Cause: fsm-failed

mibFaultCode: 999693

mibFaultName: fsmFailMgmtControllerUpdateSwitch

moClass: mgmt:Controller

Type: fsm

Sendi,  As Walter said, you

Sendi, 

As Walter said, you better open a case... doing a quick research I find mates doing a downgrade and then try an upgrade again to solve it.  Others just do the upgrade again and do a "Force" activation which is available in the Auto Install beginning with UCSM 2.1.

Just before you open the case, what is the process you used to upgrade, Manual or Auto Install?  If you did it manually, did you follow the steps to do it in the right order? failing to do it in this wait can cause this type of problems.

Let us know...

Rate ALL helpful answers.

-Kenny

Sendi,Is fabric working fine

Sendi,

Is fabric working fine now?

-Kenny

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.