Views
Helpful
Replies

Install all drivers + vNIC/vHBA configuration on W2k8R2 on B200M3 server

delahais
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I am a network engineer and rather a newbe on system…

I have just installed a w2k8R2 64bit on a B200M3 in our new UCS architecture (local storage; W2k8 as bare metal OS)

3 questions:

• What is the best way to install all W2k8R2 drivers for this B200M3 server ? At present, I have many unknown hardware; I have just install manually the drivers for VIC 1240 by using ucs-bxxx-drivers.2.0.3b.iso or/and ucs-bxxx-utils-windows.2.0.3.iso. I looked for a exe to apply all W2k8R2 drivers for B200M3 but I could not find it.
  • The Service Profile of this server allowed 3 vlans : 1 natif + 2 tagged. In the properties of the network card under W2k8, I could not have any option to active the tagged. How can we do that?
  • The Service Profile of this server has 2 vHBA. How can i configurate the failover between fabricA and FabricB

Many thanks in advance.

Nicolas.

4 Replies 4

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Nicolas,

You are on the right track. Mount the ucs-bxxx-drivers.2.0.3b.iso image via vmedia and browse it from Windows OS.

1) Intel Chipset

2) FNIC ( HBA )

3) ENIC ( Network )

Currently, there is no one-click option to install necessary drivers based on server model. The following link helps you to navigate the ISO folder

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/os-install-guides/windows/BSERIES-WINDOWS_appendix_0100.html

If you have many such installations to do, then you might want to create custom W2K8 image with necessary drivers built into it.

2) VLAN tagging

I assume you have single vNIC that allows 3 VLANs and want the OS to tag the traffic. I do not see VLAN tagging in ENIC driver properties. I will find more information on it.

If not, you can create three nics and UCS vNIC will tag the traffic as defined in the service profile.

3) HBA failover is handled by Multipath failover driver in OS( MPIO ) . Depending upon the storage array, you can install appropriate MPIO driver.

HTH

Padma

Hello padramas,

Many thanks for your reply.

I real appreciate if you can have more information about VLAN tagging in ENIC driver properties

Many thank in advance.

Nicolas.

Hello Nicolas,

Can you please share your use case for having multiple VLANs on single NIC ?

Padma

Nicolas,

M81KR driver was not designed to support VLAN tags as we did not use case for it.

Please share the your design requirements so that we can better understand it.

Padma

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card