Views
Helpful
Replies

Is this a good desing for PINGROUPS?

sperezoplk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there guys.

The plan is migrate the uplinks from a fews 6500 to a couple Nexus 7000 using pingroups with no trafic disruption. So i have made a desing but i not sure if this is the best way to accomplish the objective without problems.

This is the desing:

N7K_UCS.jpg

There will be two (new) PINGROUPS (All the server use two VNICs) that will be facing to the nexus using the PO 108 and PO 109, is this a good configuration? the nexus are using VPC towards the fabric; the fabric are in EHM.

We made a couple of test moving the vnic into the pingroup and it work fine, but i want to know is this configuration is good.

The PINGROUPS see like this:

pg108.JPGpg109.JPG

2 Replies 2

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This works ok; however, best practise in UCS design is using dynamic pinning, and not static pinning (what you are doing). In your case, dynamic or static pinning will have the same result; however, the managment overhead for static pinning is bigger; for every interface, you have to add the pingroup, and if you forget, it will fall back to dynamic pinning.

hi wdey thank you for respond.

i just want to know is there would be a problem if i put same both PortChannels in two pingroups that will be in the same service profile.

greetings.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card