cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Keyboard cannot work after launch KVM in UCS

leo_yuanyang
Level 1
Level 1

I am facing strange problem to install ESXi to one of the blade of UCS B200 M2, after replaced both local harddisks, I am trying to install ESXi to this blade again, but after launch the KVM, seems my keyboard cannot communication with KVM, means I will not press "enter" to start the installation. All the key stop functioning, even use the "macros".  This issue only happening on one blade, there is no issue to use KVM to communication with the rest blades. Already tried:

a. recover this blade.

b. re associate this blade to service profile

c. re install java on my notebook.

d. try on another workstation

But still cannot work. all the blades actaully with same services profile setting.

Appreciate can get advice from here. Thanks a lot!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yang,

Can you make sure the CIMC runs the same version as the UCSM and check for the results.

Also can you try a CIMC and a CMOS reset to see if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

./Abhinav

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Yang,

The first thing I would like to know is:

1) UCSM Version you are running

2) CIMC version on the Blades you are having this issue

3) What client OS are you trying to luanch the KVM from,

4) What is the java version on those client machines (32-bit or 64 bit)?

Thanks!

./Abhinav

Hi Abhinav,

The UCSM version is:1.4 (3i);

The CIMC version on the blade is:1.4(2b) same as the rest blade;

I am using Windows 7 Pro 32 bit

Java version is Java (TM) 6 Update 30

Thx a lot!

Yang,

Can you make sure the CIMC runs the same version as the UCSM and check for the results.

Also can you try a CIMC and a CMOS reset to see if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

./Abhinav

Hi Abhinav,

I only encounter this issue after replaced 2 local harddisk, seems is not the differernt version cause this issue. Within same chassis, the KVM for the rest 7 blade all working fine.

I already performed recover corrupt BIOS Firmware and activate firmware, but still unluck.

Thx

Hi Abhinav,

After I upgated the CIMC and activated it, now it is working. Thx

tyler.walden
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar issue today.  After verifying the CIMC and UCS firmware matched I followed the other suggested steps.  It ended up being a CMOS reset that corrected the issue for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: