Views
Helpful
Replies

Local user authentication fails

adrian.rother
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

LDAP is configured in my UCS and default authentication is configured to ldap. But I always kept console authentication to local. Now I´m not able to login with the local user. Neither on the console nor on the GUI. I can log in with my ldap user in the console and can check that the console authentication is set to local. My ldap user has the role admin but I´m not permitted to change any settings regarding authentication.

SHOW AUTHENTICATION:

Console authentication: Local

Default authentication: Ldap

Role Policy For Remote Users: Assign Default Role

SHOW CONSOLE-AUTH:

Console authentication:

Realm                        Authentication server group

---------------------------- ---------------------------

Local

Any Ideas? What can I do?

Thanks....

4 Replies 4

jgeorge_dd
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Adrian,

Did you fix this issue? I have the same problem too. If you have a a solution please share

Regards..Jibby

Did you see

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12159961/ucs-ldap-and-native-authentication

HI,

I logged in the UCS via concole cable and changed the settings. You need a "Suthentication Domain" to choose in the log in window if you want to log in with LDAP or with your local admin.

Cheers...

Thanks Guys, I created a authentication domain with relam local and login with admin used prefixing that domain and it worked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card