cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

map: cannot find required map name

Dragomir
Level 1
Level 1

I booted up a b200 m3 from a sp that I use on a b200 m2. but its stuck on the EFI Shell

current running mode 1.1.2

map: cannot find required map name.

Press ESC in 1 seconds to skip startup.nsh, any other key to continue

any idea?

6 Replies 6

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Tony,

Do you have a RAID configured?

Is that image mapped in BIOS as the first option?

Is there anything installed in the array?

-Kenny

I am still getting this. The blade is brand new and booting up for first time. It does not have hdd. So there is nothing to boot to. So if there is nothing to boot to, it will go into the EFI shell?

Check your boot policy, it will show you where the service profile is expected to look for an Operating System.

-Kenny

Cristian Munoz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tony,

I agreed with Kenny, it appears that the system did not have an image to boot from or no hard drives were attached. 

- Could you confirm that HDD already had an OS installed?

- Are both HDD present?

- Any fault found in UCSM?

As a suggestion, you may try attaching the old hdd to the server or re-install the OS to make it get past.

- Chris,

Gustavo Novais
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tony,

I managed to recover from that situation on a C-Series server by resetting the BIOS to its defaults.

Then still needed to also reset CIMC to its defaults for the server to be able to boot to a sufficicent state for the FI to pick it up.

HTH

Gustavo

Thanks Gustavo, fixed my issue too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card