Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Memory Upgrade - UCS B200 M3

HI SIR;

WE ARE GOING TO UPGRADE RAM ON EACH BLADE SERVER. I HAVE ONE DOUBT , WILL IT AFFECT ON SERVICE PROFILE OF THAT SERVER ?

DO WE NEED TO DO ANYTHING AFTER MEMORY UPGRADE ?? PLEASE REPLY NOW....

• Unified Computing
5 REPLIES
VIP Red

No impact for the service

No impact for the service profile; it will be your installed OS, that will recognize the change.

Hello We like to know if to

Hello

We like to know if to upgrade RAM in the Blade server, the server must the decommissioned (in reference to http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/hw/blade-servers/B200M3.html#ID365  or we only need to shutdown it and put the ram modules in it.

Many thanks

VIP Red

I assume you have installed

I assume you have installed the OS on the local disk; therefore I would not decommission the blade. Shutdown the OS, power off the blade; make the memory change; power the blade, worst case do a blade ack, which starts a discovery, and the OS should recognize the additional memory.

Thanks walter. The OS is

Thanks walter.

The OS is installed in an vHBA in  EMC 5100 connect   to the FI.

Is possible that we must re-associate the HBA to the servers?

VIP Red

HiIf I understand you

Hi

If I understand you correctly, you boot from a lun on a EMC storage subsystem.

Just shut down OS and power off the blade (keep the service profile association); make the hardware change (add memory dimms), then power blade and the OS will boot !

Walter.

Views
Helpful
Replies