Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing statistics counters on one chassis out of two

dpaquet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I just stumbled on a odd behaviour. I currently have a small ucs domain with 2 chassis. I just saw that I am unable to see some statistics counters on one of the two chassis.

Example, the fan current speed is not even displayed, as you can see here :

chassis-2-no-stats.png

For a reference, here is the screen shot of chassis one fan stats :

chassis-1-stats.png

From memory I do not recall having to enable statistics gathering, and also after looking at the docs, I didnt found a way to enable or disable stats collection.

Anyone ever saw this behaviour?

If not I will open a support request with cisco.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

The original issue was documented here

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCud80615

but got duped to CSCue33889 as the changes introduced for it resolved the stats issue.

It is resolved in 2.1.2a

HTH

Padma

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a bug.  Which version of UCSM are you running?

Robert

wow fast answer!

It is running on version 2.1(1b)

This could be an IOM issue, where its not returning the sensor values to UCSM.  The bug I was thinking were for earlier versions.

If you're willing to try an easy test, do a management switchover of the FI's.  This will cause the "other" IOM of that chassis to gain master control and possible return the proper sensor values to UCSM

1. Connect to UCS IP via SSH

2. "connect local-managmeent"

3. "cluster lead X" where X is secondary fabric a or b. 

After it switches over, UCSM will close on you, give it 5mins, reconnect and see if hte stats are then present.  This will cause no disruption to your dataplane.

Robert

I did the management flip, still same issue no stats counters after 30 minutes .

Grab a UCS and Chassis show tech bundle for the problem chassis.  Open a TAC case and attach it.  They'll take a look at verify if there's any issues with your IOM or verify if this is a new bug.

Regards,

Robert

Hello

The original issue was documented here

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCud80615

but got duped to CSCue33889 as the changes introduced for it resolved the stats issue.

It is resolved in 2.1.2a

HTH

Padma

Nice thanks, I will see if fixed when I apply updates next time. Thank you for the info!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card