cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New VIC 1225

tonybourke
Level 1
Level 1

So I see the VIC 1225 is a new card (presumably to replace the P81E), anyone know if it does Adapter-FEX? Only documentation I see is for VM-FEX.

2 Replies 2

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Tony,

Yes the 1225 will support SR-IOV.

This will present multiple vNIC/vHBAs to a baremetal host OS.

Once this product is fully released documentation will be made available on CCO.

Regards,

Robert

David Alpizar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Tony ,

According to some Cisco documentation:

•  Creates fully functional unique and independent PCIe adapters and  interfaces (NICs or HBAs) without requiring single-root I/O  virtualization (SR-IOV) support from OSs or hypervisors
•  Allows these virtual interfaces and adapters to be configured and  operated independently, just like physical interfaces and adapters

• Creates a highly flexible I/O environment needing only one card for all I/O configurations

Note:  Cisco UCS VIC 1225 hardware is SR-IOV capable, and you can enable  SR-IOV after SR-IOV is broadly supported by the popular operating  systems. Please refer to UCS Manager configuration limits for your  specific OS and environment in the configuration guide.

You can check the details here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps10277/ps12571/data_sheet_c78-708295.html 

I hope this helps.

- David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: