Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

nexus 1000V---vxlan and igmp

Recently, I  have met a problem about vxlan ,let me give you  detais:

I  have two ESXi  host  in my network, they are connected with an L3 switch,

ESXI1------------------------L3  switch-----------------------ESXI2

a VM called vm1 in Esxi1 is windows XP,  another VM called vm2  in Esxi2 is windows 2003 server,  I also have installed  cisco nexus 1000V VSM in Esxi1, and config vxlan to  connnect vm1 and vm2

my configeration about vxlan is in the 1000V-config.txt

when Vxlan is configed, vm1 ping vm2 successfully,  there is no problem. so I want to config vm1 as an multicast receiver,config vm2 as an multicast sender, I use VLC software to implement multicast receiver and sender. when I want vm1 to join a multicast group( for example 225.9.9.9), the IGMP report messages are not received in vm2 (I use wireshark to capture packet ) .  vm1 also have not received IGMP query message from vm2 . I  also  find that the multicast traffic sended by vm2 can be received in vm1.

so I use some troube shooting command to check it, the result is following:

1.   use "vempkt capture ingress ltl"

------this is ok,  I can capture the igmp report message(this is the original repoet message  not through Vxlan encapsulation) 

2.   use "vemlog debug sflisp all" and "vemlog debug sfvnsegment all"

------this failed. I can not see debug about encapsulate of IGMP report message

3.   use "vempkt capture egress ltl"

------this failed. I can not see the encapsulated message of IGMP report

I don't know whether my configeration about Vxlan miss something which support IGMP,   I Hope we can dicuss this problem and solve it.

Thanks for join the dicussion!

Everyone's tags (4)
Views
Helpful
Replies