Views
Helpful
Replies

no update icon in SCU

maciej_wilk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I was trying to perform an update in SCU, but there is no update icon.

Have you seen this behaviour?

scu1.png

My version is 3.1(3):

scu2.png

Kind regards

Maciej Wilk

10 Replies 10

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Maciej,

Can you tell me what is it that you want to update?

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are trying to upgrade the firmware on your server, you have to run the HUU utility ISO, that can be found on the Cisco website.

I'm trying to update the SCU, drivers and the HUU as stated in the user guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/ucsscu/user/guide/31/gui.html#wp1082662

Is the SCU version 3.1(3) the current image running in the flex card?

Have you tried using another version newer or older version?

Yes, it's running in the flexflash.

I havent't tried another version, but what's the point of having flexflash if I now have to mount a downloaded ISO throught the KVM?

And even if I do so, will the mounted SCU, download and apply the updates to the flexflash?

The end goal is to update the images in the flex flash SD card, right?

The reason I suggested this is to confirm that the SCU iso was not corrupted.

Have you tried updaing the images using the other methods like the cisco.com ?

Updating from Cisco.com

To update the images to the Cisco Flexible Flash from cisco.com, follow these steps:

Step 1 Click Cisco.com.

If the network or user credentials are not configured, the Network  Configuration dialog box appears. If they are configured, the Select  Updates dialog box appears. If you need to configure the network, go to Step 2. If you do not need to configure the network, go to Step 3.

Step 2 In the Network Configuration dialog box, do the following:

a. Enter the IP addresses to configure the network. For more information about configuring the network, go to the "Configuring a Network" section.

b. In the User Name field, enter the cisco.com username. The maximum limit is 45 characters.

c. In the Password field, enter the cisco.com password. The maximum limit is 45 characters.

Step 3 In the Select Updates dialog box that is displayed, select the required version of the ISO image.

Step 4 Click OK.

Yes, that is the goal.

To use the cisco.com method you need to press the Update icon which is not there

Cristian Munoz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Maciej,

- What is the UCS server model?

- What is the status of the Flexflash from CIMC? Is it healthy?

- Did you verify that all the partitions are enabled from Operational Profile before loading the SCU tool?

This is under the Storage Tab from CIMC.

Try also using Reset option under the controller in CIMC.

Make sure, you are using the SCU iso image compatible with your UCS server.

- Chris.

Server model: UCS C220 (PID UCSC-C220-M3SBE)

The status of Flexflash is ok, health is degraded RAID but I assume that's normal as there is 1 SD card.

Partitions are enabled, after all I boot from that partition.

The newest version of SCU mounted through the KVM has the same error.

The reason you're not seeing the "Update" icon is because SCU can't recognize the server PID - this is a Voice Platform, noted by the "BE" Business Edition.  You can tell if you see the model # displayed by SCU as "UCS ???"

I opend a bug on this a couple months ago CSCuh35783- C-Series Voice Platform  PIDs not supported by SCU"

If you give me your CCO ID, I'll publish an updated version of SCU for you.  The public release version is still a month or two away.

Regards,

Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card