Views
Helpful
Replies

Not Connected - No Connections available - UCS B200 M3

Mxolisi Ngetu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I created a service profile with 2 vNic that are binded to a template. Windows server 2012 is installed. The issue is that on the OS - bottom right hand corner - the network card has a red cross with a message when you move the mouse over" Not Connected - No Connections available"

The IP details for IPv4 have been populated with IP, Subnet, GW, DNS etc. due to this when you check the status activity of the NIC - Packects are sent but not received.

Not able to ping the GW as well.

What have I missed on my configuration.

Pls assist - I'm a novice to this.

thanks

9 Replies 9

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

The OS is W2K12 version...?

Did you install the drivers for the card?

What is the card model?

-Kenny

I assume you have one vnic connected to fabric a resp. b

And very important, do you have one or more vlans (trunk) on this vnics ?

If you have one vlan, make sure it's the native vlan !

If you have a trunk, the procedure for W2012 is more complex. You have to configure NIC teaming and the subinterfaces for each vlan.

I have 2 vNIC and with associated VLANS

the VLAN was not native - changed it but that brough no difference.

Let me know what part of the config you want screenshot of - I will provide for more clarity

Hello,

Could you please provide the screenshots for the Adapter interfaces and IOM Interfaces (backplane and Fabric ports)?

-Kenny

Yes the OS is windows server 2012 and all the chipset drivers were installed.

Card details:

Cisco VIC Ethernet Interface.

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

If you go to the service profile and click on the "Vif paths" tab what do you see?

Servers-> Service Profile name > VIF Paths

If this server is not yet in production, can you try to decommission the server and then re-acknowlege it back?

Decommissioning a Server

This procedure decommissions a server and deletes it from the Cisco UCS configuration. The server hardware physically remains in the Cisco UCS instance. However, Cisco UCS Manager ignores it and does not list it with the other servers in the chassis.

Procedure
Step 1In the Navigation pane, click the Equipment tab.
Step 2On the Equipment tab, expand Equipment > Chassis > Chassis Number > Servers.
Step 3Choose the server that you want to decommission.
Step 4In the Work pane, click the General tab.
Step 5In the Actions area, click Server Maintenance.
Step 6In the Maintenance dialog box, do the following:
  1. Click Decommission.
  2. Click OK.

The server is removed from the Cisco UCS configuration

Please see attached screenshot for VIF paths.

I'm not that confortable at decomissioning the server - because that will mean I will lose all the configuration have done already and have to start afresh?

The configuration stays with the service profile so even if you decommission the server after you re-ack the server back the service profile will get re-associated with the server.  You won't lose any configuration

I come back to my earlier entry: I assume you have basic W2012, without a Hyper-V vswitch.

Your vnic should not specify a vlan trunk, but exactly one vlan, and it must be native !

ex. you need vlan 10,20,30, then you create SP with vnic 0 and 1 for vlan 10, vnic 2 and 3 for vlan 20 and vnic 4 and 5 for vlan 30, all vlan's marked as native !

Usually your windows installers just creates 2 ethernet interfaces.

Therefore you have to install Teaming (LBFO) and then create secondary interfaces for vlan 20 and 30. see attachment

see http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30160

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card