Views
Helpful
Replies

PXE-E53: No boot filename received

Ng Tian Sheng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I just install a Cisco UCS C22 M3 server in my environment, I have configured the CIMC IP Address and other necessary settings, after system reboot, the system keeps showing "PXE-E53: No boot filename received" "PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent"

I have tried rebooting the server but it still the same. 

FYI, it is a new network environment yet to have DHCP and DNS server installed, I temporarily setup a local DHCP server on the Cisco switch.

May I know how to solve this issue?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You seem to do PXE boot ? do you have the proper environment for it ? eg. native vlan, tftp server,....

Hi... thanks for your reply... the whole network is considered a new deployment and it is currently in staging and testing process, all the other Cisco network equipment already configured... today i just tried to powered on the UCS server and would like to configure and test it but fails... and there is no DHCP, DNS, TFTP servers in the environment. FYI i connect this server to a Cisco L3 switch with correct vlan info and configuration.

Do you have any local disk; would be easier as a start !

Hi wdey, what do you mean by local disk and how to achieve it?

Does your server C22-M3 have a local disk ? if yes, you could do a test installation of the OS; later you could then do a install on a network device (PXE, iSCSI, FC) and boot over the network.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card