Views
Helpful
Replies

PXE-E53: No boot filename received

Ng Tian Sheng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I just install a Cisco UCS C22 M3 server in my environment, I have configured the CIMC IP Address and other necessary settings, after system reboot, the system keeps showing "PXE-E53: No boot filename received" "PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent"

I have tried rebooting the server but it still the same. 

FYI, it is a new network environment yet to have DHCP and DNS server installed, I temporarily setup a local DHCP server on the Cisco switch.

May I know how to solve this issue?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You seem to do PXE boot ? do you have the proper environment for it ? eg. native vlan, tftp server,....

Hi... thanks for your reply... the whole network is considered a new deployment and it is currently in staging and testing process, all the other Cisco network equipment already configured... today i just tried to powered on the UCS server and would like to configure and test it but fails... and there is no DHCP, DNS, TFTP servers in the environment. FYI i connect this server to a Cisco L3 switch with correct vlan info and configuration.

Do you have any local disk; would be easier as a start !

Hi wdey, what do you mean by local disk and how to achieve it?

Does your server C22-M3 have a local disk ? if yes, you could do a test installation of the OS; later you could then do a install on a network device (PXE, iSCSI, FC) and boot over the network.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card