Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Queue depth & execution throttle ?

I am running a few different cna's (vic 1240, vic 1280 & M73KR) (2.03c) with esx 5.0 and windows 2008 r2. In either B200 m3 or B440 m2.

fnic and enic 2.12.22 in esx. What would windows use as the driver for any of the above cna's?

In the FC VMware & windows adapter policies there is no values for queue depth or execution throttle. How can I figure out these values and adjust them if needed?

Cisco Employee

Hi To determine the drivers

To determine the drivers for windows it will depend on the version of firmware your blades, adapters, and ucsm are running.  Once you find out the firmware version, you can use the link I copied below to determine the driver version for windows 

cisco compatibility matrix

Now with respect to your second question, take a look at the link below under Ethernet and fibre channel adapter policies.

"Operating System Specific Adapter Policies

By default, Cisco UCS provides a set of Ethernet adapter policies and Fibre Channel adapter policies. These policies include the recommended settings for each supported server operating system. Operating systems are sensitive to the settings in these policies. Storage vendors typically require non-default adapter settings. You can find the details of these required settings on the support list provided by those vendors."

Ethernet and Fibre Channel Adapter Policies

Please let me know if this the information you were looking for

Community Member

I do not see a policy for

I do not see a policy for queue depth or execution throttle in 2.0 3c

CreatePlease to create content