Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove chassis decomission fails

Robert Maxwell
Level 1
Level 1

chassis_decom_fails.jpg

Is there a way I can "kill" the FSM process so I can get passed this instance?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Robert,

Welcome to the community!

You are hitting the following bug: CSCul17331   and you will need to move the IOM cables to other ports in the FI, unfortunately the chassis will get discover with a new ID and the old ID will still remain in UCSM as a ghost chassis but the fix for that bug in on 2.2 which is expected to be released this quarter (but this date might change anytime with no further notice).

Let us know if this workaround helps.

Rate ALL helpful answers.

-Kenny

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Robert,

Welcome to the community!

You are hitting the following bug: CSCul17331   and you will need to move the IOM cables to other ports in the FI, unfortunately the chassis will get discover with a new ID and the old ID will still remain in UCSM as a ghost chassis but the fix for that bug in on 2.2 which is expected to be released this quarter (but this date might change anytime with no further notice).

Let us know if this workaround helps.

-Kenny

Hi Keny, Thank you for the response. We now have 4 chassis's available for use. However, the "ghost" chassis still exists. Is there a method available to remove that chassis other than installing UCS Manager 2.2(1a)? Or do we have to wait for the new release? And will the new release correct the existing decommission issue we are seeing?

Robert,

There are just a very few cases attached to that bug but I checked them and there is a possibility to run an script to remove that chassis.  Open a TAC case and make reference to this thread so that the engineer can check one of those cases and see that there a possibility to remove the ghost chassis ID.

Good luck!

-Kenny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card