cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

remove vmfex plugin from vcenter

Dragomir
Level 1
Level 1

how do i remove the cisco vmfex plugin from vcenter?

3 Replies 3

gofianto.phin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tony,

Steps to remove VMFEX plugin on VCenter :

1. Remove all host (ESX) that have been registered as VEM from the vCenter. Guests (VMs) shoud be migrated back to the standard switch first before removing the host from DVS

2. locally login to the vcenter server http://localhost/mob, go to the content, find the plugin (revoke plugin) from vCenter host

3. Refresh the vCenter

Thanks,

Gofi

ok I removed the plugin and reregistered the ucs plugin into vcenter. now my problem i whatever I do on the vm tab in ucsm  - creating port profiles, folders or registering the vcenter, it will not show up in vcenter. any idea why?

Hi Tony,

Have you verify if no connectivity issue between FI and Vcenter ? Any firewall along the path ?

I just tested it in our lab environment and everything running well.

Ensure that dvs data center name was defined identically on the UCS Manager with VCenter.

May I see the capture of your configuration ?

Attached the detailed configurations of UCS for VMFEX, tested without any VEM installed, just registering the VMFEX of UCS to VCenter

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card