Views
Helpful
Replies

renaming objects in UCS manager

masennott
Level 1
Level 1

How do I rename objects in UCSM - things like service profiles,

templates, policies, etc. I can't find anything in the GUI or CLI to do this.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mark,

With the current revision of code its not possible to rename Service Profile or any templates.  This is a future enhancement in the pipe, but there's no committed date at this point.

Regards,

Robert

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mark,

With the current revision of code its not possible to rename Service Profile or any templates.  This is a future enhancement in the pipe, but there's no committed date at this point.

Regards,

Robert

m.heil
Level 1
Level 1

Mark,

Robert is correct.  When we implemented we found the lack of renaming a frustration.  Our approach ended up defining a consistent naming convention and following it.  When we named something "incorrect" and it is important enough to you, the procedure is to delete the object and recreate it.

I recall being told that this is not a simple thing to change and probably will take a while before it is changed.  Take care.

Mike Heil

www.healthitguy.com

This thread hasn't been updated since Mar 17, 2010. Is it still not possible to rename Service Profile or templates?

Very very soon.

Regards,

Greg Scarlett

Eric,

Service Profile renaming is a new feature coming in the next major release of UCSM  2.1.  It's tentatively scheduled for Q4 2012.  

Other object behavior in UCSM will remain the same.

Regards,

Robert

tomborcher
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot tell you how frustrating it is not to be able to rename (most) objects in UCS Manager.  Why is this such a hard thing to implement?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card