cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reset UCS to Factory Defaults

jwaldrop4frnt
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how to reset a UCS system to factory defaults? We have a UCS lab at the office and we need to be able to reset everything back to factory defaults so that multiple people can learn how to build a UCS system from the ground up.

1 Accepted Solution
7 Replies 7

kar-wai.chin
Level 1
Level 1

You may only need to reset the 6120 as the chassis itself do not contain too much information, of course, is recommend to format all the local HDD if you are not performing SAN boot environment in your test.

You can do this from the CLI by SSH to the 6120 switches.

juwalthe
Level 1
Level 1

SSH to your 6100

#connect local-mgmt

#erase configuration

Simple as that

--Justin

That did it, thank you very much. Is that in the UCS documentation anywhere?

hi, good afternoon,

i have three doub,

1.- could i use any serial wire to attach to the enclosure and reset all the configuration using putty or there is a specific serial wire to use with UCS enclosure?

2.-i have to use console port or MGMT port to do it?

3.- wich is the configuration on putty to get serial conecction, i mean wich values have i configure on putty to get connection with the enclosure by serial port?

hope you could help me.

best regards.

1. You need to use a serial console cable. This is the same cable that is used on any device's serial console.

2. console port

3. 9600 baud / COM X - X being the port you are connecting.

thank you by your answer,

when you say console cable do you meant to this one ciscocisco

i use this,but i can't get conecction, putty only open a black windows without load anythingi use this,but i can't get conecction, putty only open a black windows without load anything

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card