Views
Helpful
Replies

Restore from Backup

fr.mueller
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i am new to UCS and i currently check out how to restore a FI Cluster from a full-state Backup.

After i erase the configuration on both, primary and secondary, i import the configuration from my backup file successfully.

But now, i wan´t to add the secondary FI. After starting the console setup and answered the question if i wan´t to added the FI to the cluster with yes, nothing happen. It takes one our to complete the setup of the second FI. It seems that there is a timer or something like that.

Is there any command that i can use on my primary FI to reconnect to the secondary or doing the restore much faster?

Thanks for your help

Frank

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

richbarb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Frank,

You are doing well, the process to add a second FI after restore a backup can take a long time sometimes.

The last time that I did this I waited almost 1 hour without any message until finally finished the process. Unfortunately there is no command to show a progress bar or any status messages.

Richard

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

richbarb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Frank,

You are doing well, the process to add a second FI after restore a backup can take a long time sometimes.

The last time that I did this I waited almost 1 hour without any message until finally finished the process. Unfortunately there is no command to show a progress bar or any status messages.

Richard

Hi Richard,

thank your for your answer. Thats a funny behavior

Frank

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card