cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

restore SP from XML backup - best practise?

mkoch
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

i have a (logical, so xml) backup from a UCS cluster. Someone accidentialy deleted a service profile. I know i can import the logical config but other things have changed and i want to just import the missing service profile.

I could edit the XML file (yuk), delete all other stuff and import.

i also tried to create individual backups of objects by clicking "Copy XML" and saving the result but UCSM does NOT accept that file for import.

Is there any other, better way to achive this?

Michael

1 Reply 1

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Michael,

Restoring bits of a backup is not easy and can cause issues if not done correctly. 

How many Service Profiles are you trying to restore?  If few, it would be faster/safer to just manually re-create them.  If many, then I would suggest you download a new logical XML backup, and cut and paste the SP config from your old backup into the recent one, then re-import it with the "Merge" option.

Another option is to use the UCS PowerShell CLI to inject the config.  This takes a bit more skill (Knowledge of PowerShell and XML, but is an option.)

Regards,

Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card