Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SAN Connectivity to UCS

Hi Guys,

I am working on getting my SAN hooked up with UCS.Below is my confirguation .

There are 2 MDS switches. Each is connected to both SPs. Each HBA will be zoned to a port on each SP.

Two MDS 9500 SAN swtiches and cables are cross connected to the FI so that we have redendency.

NPIV is enabled on  MDS switch. I am getting an error says intailizing and when I look at the speed Indeterminate SAN guy says they are 8.00Gbps.

Not sure what is wrong port are not comming up Green .Can anyone help me please.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Brian Morrissey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Srinivas,

What kind of fabric interconnect are you using?  Are the fc uplinks connected to the expansion module on the fi?

Can you ssh into the fabric interconnect and run connect nxos and then show int for that interface?  And do the same on the mds side.

View solution in original post

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Srinivas,

can you make sure the upstream port on the MDS has been assigned to the correct VSAN. As from the image i can see this port to be part of VSAN 22, the same would have to be done on the MDS port as well.

./Abhinav

@ Srinivas:: So Your problem has been resolved,,,,,

4 Replies 4

Brian Morrissey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Srinivas,

What kind of fabric interconnect are you using?  Are the fc uplinks connected to the expansion module on the fi?

Can you ssh into the fabric interconnect and run connect nxos and then show int for that interface?  And do the same on the mds side.

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Srinivas,

can you make sure the upstream port on the MDS has been assigned to the correct VSAN. As from the image i can see this port to be part of VSAN 22, the same would have to be done on the MDS port as well.

./Abhinav

Thanks Guys I am able to figure this out. SAN guys did a cross cablling from FI to MDS instead of A to A and B to B.

@ Srinivas:: So Your problem has been resolved,,,,,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card