cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

silly issue: Unable to install network drivers for Win2008r2 or Win2012r2

reltest01
Level 1
Level 1

It must be because it's Friday evening and I'm just lucky like that but for some reason I'm not able to install the network drivers for my Windows 2008 R2 or Windows 2012 R2 installs in B200-M3 servers.

I've mounted the Cisco driver ISO (ucs-bxxx-drivers.2.1.3.iso) and in each OS I've gone to Device Manager, then had to View -> Hidden Devices to show the Network Adaptors, then tried to have it install drivers from the ISO but no luck.  I did go to the correct subfolder Windows -> Network -> Cisco -> etc.  and even tried just having it search the whole CD, searching subfolders.  It either says no drivers found, or--for Windows 2012-- it says that Windows has determined that the driver software is up to date.

I've got to be missing something obvious.  Any help would be most appreciated!

4 Replies 4

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Benjamin

We have done this many times; which UCS version are you using ?

Check

Interop Matrix http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/interoperability/matrix/r_hcl_B_rel2-21.pdf

and Installation Guide

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/os-install-guides/windows/b_B-Series_Windows_Install.pdf

Please use

ISO image of UCS-related drivers  Release Date 12-DEC-2013
ucs-bxxx-drivers.2.2.1.iso

Normally you are asked during the Windows installation if you would like to install additional drivers; say yes, unmap the install iso, map the above driver iso, install fnic and enic driver; then unmap driver iso, map Windows install iso; do a refresh.

Good luck

Walter.

Hi Walter and Manuel, thanks for the offer of help and my sincere apologies for not replying sooner!

Some other issues arose that required my attention, and so I got side-tracked before being able to revisit this issue.  I ended up re-installing Win2008 and Win2012 from scratch and installing the network drivers then and all is now working fine.

Thanks again though for offering your assistance!

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Benjamin

What type of adapter is your blade using?

Hi Manuel-- Please see my reply to you above.  :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card