Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SNMP Traps and Monitoring UCS

Hi Guys;

During the implementation of UCS Blades I found a number of issues that have not been solved. I need to monitor the UCS solution through a NMS with traps and monitoring certain items. To do this I require deliver the MIBS to the Monitoring group and tell the OIDs to monitor certain things but I dont found especific documentation about this. I need to monitor things like the states of the fans, cpu, memory and connections.

The solution consists of:

Fabric Interconnects: 2 x 6140XP

Chassis: 9 x 5108

Servers: 70 x B230M2

UCSM v1.4

Although i need apply certain security to SNMP like ACL to secure the solution in the Customer Environment.

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Padma;

Thanks for your response. But, how i find the OIDs especficis to monitor certain things? (for example status of the fans). I need to know especific OID to monitor.

Cisco Employee

Orlando,

Currently I am not aware of doc or tool that provides direct translation of UCS MIB objects.

OID for FAN inventory --  1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.719.1.15.12

OID for fault table --   1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.719.1.1.1.1

Alternate way is to load the MIBs and browse the table for required objects.

HTH

Padma

Hi Padma;

Thank you for this objects but i need more than this. Please send me a tool to find the UCS MIB objects or another one that have any usefull guide.

Orlando Ramirez

Views
Helpful
Replies