Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Support for Windows Server 2012R2 Hyper-V

Windows Server 2012 R2 is officially available from last week. What are the plans for 2012R2 Hyper-V Support on UCS platform /B200M3 servers/? Also Nexus1000V for SCVMM 2012R2?

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Completion of UCS platform qualification for Windows 2012 R2 is tenatively scheduled for end of October.

Padma

Community Member

any update? we are at mid November, no new drivers for UCS

Cisco Employee

The N1k support for Windows 2012 R2/SCVMM 2012 R2 is scheduled for the next release (tentative Dec)

Thanks,

Shankar

Community Member

Hi there,

I was just wondering if there was an update for when Server 2012 R2 qualification is? Particularly for the ability to configure HyperV SRIOV --> enabling the "Cisco Vmfex Switch Extension".

Thanks

Community Member

Re: Support for Windows Server 2012R2 Hyper-V

Hi,

We have Windows Server 2012 R2 (x64) configured as Hyper-V Servers running a Cisco UCS. We use Cisco UCS B200 M3 Blade Servers with a VIC 1240 (including a Port Expander). It works just fine. I have also succesfully tested VM-FEX and SR-IOV.

I must add that there are only 2012 drivers, although they work properly. In case you have a FlexPod and use iSCSI. NetApp does not have a DSM driver (MPIO) to support 2012 R2 yet, so you have to use the Microsoft DSM driver.

I am also waiting for Cisco and NetApp to release updated drivers that officially support Windows Server 2012 R2.

I hope this information is usefull to you. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Boudewijn

Community Member

Re: Support for Windows Server 2012R2 Hyper-V

Hi,

"We have Windows Server 2012 R2 (x64) configured as Hyper-V Servers running a Cisco UCS. We use Cisco UCS B200 M3 Blade Servers with a VIC 1240 (including a Port Expander). It works just fine. I have also succesfully tested VM-FEX and SR-IOV." - how enable this in R2?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content