Views
Helpful
Replies

Syncing two ucs environments

e.nieuwstad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i would like two know what the best practices are regaring keeping profiles on multiple UCS environments in sync? I have two rooms in a DC and in each room there is a UCS system. I would like to keep the nic templates/hba templates/service profiles in sync so I can easily deploy a system in room A or B. I understand the content of the MAC/WWN/IP/UUID pools need to be unique per system but all the other stuff can be the same.

I think it can be done manually by exporting the XML of all the various objects in the gui and then do a merge on the other system but I am not sure if this is the best way to do it.

1 Reply 1

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately right now, exporting XML, or using a 3rd party scripting app is the only way to keep multiple systems in sync.  That being said there is development being done on a UCS Enterprise Manager, that will be able to manage multiple UCS systems and do exactly what you're asking.

There is no commit date for this yet, but I would guess it would be avaiable closer to the end of the year. 

Regards,

Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card