Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Template to profile lookup...

Hi Guys,

I just want ot know if there is way to take  Service Profile Template and look at all the service profiles associated with it from GUI or CLI.

Right now I have to go and  look at each service profile and see which template it is binded to.

So want to know if there is a easy way.

Also is there nxos commands reffrence guide that I look for troubleshooting on FI 6248 ?

Thank you

Sri

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Sri,

AFAIK, there is no direct command to give list service profiles that are derived from / binded to a template.

The following command would give us a list of all service profiles created under all organization with their status and type ( whether it is a instance or a template )

show service-profile inventory

To know the list SP that binded to a template,

show service-profile inventory detail  | egrep -B 6 -i

HTH

Padma

View solution in original post

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sri,

I opened an enhancement on this a while back. 

CSCtz26172 - Ability to list all linked service profiles bound to templates

This feature is not yet implemented as the interest/requests have not been high.  If this feature would be of use to you, please open a quick TAC case and request the engineer to link this bug to your case.  This will increase the priority and likliness of this enhancement being implemented.

Regards,

Robert

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Sri,

AFAIK, there is no direct command to give list service profiles that are derived from / binded to a template.

The following command would give us a list of all service profiles created under all organization with their status and type ( whether it is a instance or a template )

show service-profile inventory

To know the list SP that binded to a template,

show service-profile inventory detail  | egrep -B 6 -i

HTH

Padma

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sri,

I opened an enhancement on this a while back. 

CSCtz26172 - Ability to list all linked service profiles bound to templates

This feature is not yet implemented as the interest/requests have not been high.  If this feature would be of use to you, please open a quick TAC case and request the engineer to link this bug to your case.  This will increase the priority and likliness of this enhancement being implemented.

Regards,

Robert

Thanks guys I love the support I am getting from these forms .

Also if you guys help me out with other question on FI  6248. I want to deep dive into Command line on NXOS on 6248 for network  stuff is there a PDF on that.

Sri,

There's a couple different aspects of the CLI.  The UCSM CLI is fully documented on CCO.  The "NXOS" context (as in "connect nxos") is the N5K shell of the system.  So all your nexus commands applicable to 5000/5500 are applicable to the 6100/6200.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9670/prod_command_reference_list.html

In support we use the nxos context to look at VLANs, Interfaces, Counters, logs etc but as you know this context is strictly read-only.  It's a very useful troubleshooting tool.  All commands are entered in the UCSM context and get translated by the system into NXOS configuration ojbects.

If you have any specific areas you'll looking for information we may be able to help direct you.  Due to the amount of complexity and content most topics are split among multiple guides rathern than dumped into a single "bible" guide.

Regards,

Robert

Thank You SO Much.

This is what I am looking for show command for ethernet and HBA which I got from your url.

I am trying to trace the Vif-Path so this is would be help full.

Thanks

Sri

Here's some quick & useful commands and the associated contexts to execute them from to help you trace server traffic.

1. Show all VIFs (virtual interfaces) of a blade for both fabrics - UCSM CLI:

show service-profile circuit server x/y (chassis/blade)

2. Show VIF for a particular fabric & blade - NXOS CLI:

connect nxos

show vifs interface ethernet x/y/z (chassis/adapter/slot)

4. Detailed information on a specific interface - UCSM CLI:

scope adapter x/y/z (chassis/adapter/slot)

show host-eth-if x detail (x = Port ID)

5.  Show which uplink your VIFs are pinned to - NXOS CLI

connect nxos

show pinning border-interfaces

or

show pinning server-interfaces

Regards,

Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: