Cristian

25 Replies 25

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Cristian,

*What Java 7 update? 45?

*What server and CIMC firmware? 

*Are there any other Java versions installed in the PC?

*Does this happen in all PCs you try?

*Have you tried other browsers?

*Was this working before? If yes, was there any change done recently? If yes, what?

Tip: To get a faster and more accurate answer, you need to provide more details and what you have done.  This will make other users get back with a possible solution and not a list of 1x10! questions   

-Kenny

Dear Kenny

java_ver.JPG

- UCS C series 220 , ver 1.5

- No, I uninstalled the old version and I installed the last one.

- I only have my laptop, I´m in a client Data center.

- I try to IE, Crome and Firefox.

- It was working but I don´t know what change occured.

- I tried to downgrade to Java 6.14 but not work.

TIA

Cristian

Cristian,

Can you try yo reboot CIMC? Admin> Utilities> Reboot CIMC.  (This is not disruptive)

So you said it was working before? what changed? CIMC version, Java version?  Try a Java version below  7 45 which has given issues before... A friend of mine onece told me that Java  6 13 never fails, try with that one or any other in the release 7 below the update 45.

-Kenny

Cisco Support Community is also present in Spanish:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/spanish/data_center

Cristian Munoz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Chris,

1. You might try to disable and re-enable the KVM from GUI.

Go to Server tab> Remote presence > KVM

2. Clear temporary internet files.

3. Verify that the Java Plug-in is enabled.

Click on the Advanced tab at the top of the Java Control Panel.

Click the + to expand JNLP File/MIME Association and verify that  Always allow or Prompt user is selected. If not, then make the change and reload the browser.

You should now be able to run your KVM.

Note: You can also open the file with the Javaws.exe program.

Regards,

Chris!

I haven't tested it like you. But I now notice that since updating to release 2.2(1b) the KVM consoles don't work anymore. I am using Java SE 7 Update 51 and also tried Java SE 7 Update 40 without any luck. I reset the CIMC, KVM, even the server. KVM consoles don't work anymore.

What UCS version are you using?

Boudewijn,

Have you confirmed that the SP and CIMC still have a management IP assisgned from the pool of mgnt IP addresses? Or you assigned the mgnt address statically?

-Kenny

Yes, each server has an outband IPv4 management IP Address from the default ext-mgmt IP pool. I am able to ping the management IP Addresses and can even reach the webpage from the browser directly to that IP Address. But connection to the KVM fails.

Please note that I am no sure I have the same issue as Cristian (origonal post).

Boudewijn,

Well, in that case, try opening KVM from the Home page where you are asked if you want UCSM or KVM and select the server... if the issue continues, please open a TAC case.

-Kenny

Same issue. "Connection failed"

Boudewijn,

Well, yeah... better make sure there are no ports blocked on a firewall that can be blocking traffic.  This was happening to me in a server just a moment ago and I had to end up reacknowledging the blade to make it work... if you have the luxury to afford that, try it.. otherwise I stick with "Open a TAC case"

-Kenny

For your information. I have been able solve our problem. Christian, I don't know if you have the same issue, but this is what I did.

First of all. We are running UCS version 2.2(1b). Since updating we get a connection failed on all servers. Re-installing the current Java version or installing a previous version does not solve the problem. Resetting the KVM or CIMC controller didn't work either. Well at least, it seems that is not enough. It apears that all depends on cleaning up Java. This is what I did:

• Close UCS Manager and all consoles that require Java.
  • Make sure you have installed at least Java SE 7 Update 51.
  • On you computer go to your control panel and open the Java console. Make sure you remove all cached files, and remove all related Applicaton (e.g. KVM Viewer, UCS Manager and etc) manually. Re-installing Java does not do this for you!
  • Open UCS Manager. Go to Equipment. On each server select "Recover Server". Then select "Reset CIMC (Server Controller).
  • Wait for two minutes and then you are able to use KVM console.

I hope this information might help some others. Let me know.

Boudewijn

I am having issue when launching kvm from cimc. I am getting this error: The KVM Viewer requires Java 1.6.0_14 or higher. Please install or enable Java and try again. Any idea?

robertdemay
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure your using a 64 bit version of Java.  It should say it in the description.  Your screen shot did not so it looks like you may be using a 32 bit version.

With older firmware 2.2 versions, you need to use the java version listed in the error.  Newer versions will not work.

Another option is to update your firmware to 3.2 (xx).  This allows for you to choose either java or HTML to open the KVM console.

My machine has 32 bit java 8 update 241 and the flash player. The cimc v1.4(2).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card