Views
Helpful
Replies

the remote device or resource won't accept the connection -CIMC

Joseph Udeh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was trying to access remotely CIMC via web browser but getting error message "the connection was refused by the target device"

I was able to access similar device in thesame location but won't for this particular device.

Further diagnosis with internet explorer came up with reason "the remote device or resource won't accept the connection"

Any idea please?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Qiese Dides
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jospeh,

Is the host online right now? Are you able to ping the CIMC server? If you are able to ping the CIMC server but unable to login via the GUI or SSH  you may be hitting the following bug;

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCun88303/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Hope this helps. Please mark all useful answers as correct so others can find answers quicker.

Qiese Dides

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Qiese Dides
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jospeh,

Is the host online right now? Are you able to ping the CIMC server? If you are able to ping the CIMC server but unable to login via the GUI or SSH  you may be hitting the following bug;

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCun88303/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Hope this helps. Please mark all useful answers as correct so others can find answers quicker.

Qiese Dides

Thanks Qiese.

You hit the nail on the head. The bug description matches my case. I will visit site tomorrow to physically power cycle the server.

Thanks for your quick response.

It's my pleasure Jospeh, please let me know if you run into any other issues.

Will do thanks

Issue resolved.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card