cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS 6248UP Licensing

rjs
Level 5
Level 5

How will the 6248UP Fabric Interconnect ports be licensed?

Will ports configured as Fiber Channel also consume a port license?

Will the Expansion Module be fully licensed or will it share license with fixed ports?

16 Replies 16

Robert,

Are you sure about the 16-port GEM module having just 6 licenses? The docs say it adds 8 licenses, and that's what I've always been told.

The eight default licenses that come with a 6200  series  fabric interconnect expansion module can be used to enable ports  on the base module

-Craig

I stand corrected.  I recall from earlier days it was originally 6, but that might have changed since the FCS release version.

Checking my 6248 I show "20" licenses, which makes sense since I have 12 base + 8 Expansion licenses:

Pod1-A /license # show usage

Feat Name                      Scope Default Total Quant Used Quant State                Peer Count Comparison   Grace Used

------------------------------ ----- ------- ----------- ---------- -------------------- ----------------------- ----------

ETH_PORT_ACTIVATION_PKG        A          20          20         29 License Graceperiod  Matching                   2966400

ETH_PORT_ACTIVATION_PKG        B          20          20         27 License Graceperiod  Matching                    662400

Thanks for keeping me honest!

Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: